Endurance, agility, and speed are key factors in soccer.
The T-Drill is an exercise that develops all three. I also like to incorporate a little PLUS to help it develop soccer skills as well.
- Start at the base of the T.
- Sprint forward to the middle cone, touching it with your hand.
- Shuffle to the cone on the right, touching it with your hand upon reaching it.
- Shuffle left to the cone on the other side of the T, touching that as well.
- Shuffle right again to the middle cone.
- Immediately backpedal to the cone at the base of the T and touch that.
- I like to have players start by performing a side jump left and right over the first cone before sprinting for added conditioning.
- As an easier alternative, rather than backpedaling after shuffling, have the player turn and sprint as in the video below.
- Add an element of technical skill into this activity by serving players a ball that they must immediately locate and clear as they reach the final cone.